Independence Day Fireworks
Co-Sponsored with the Village of North Aurora
When: Wednesday, July 4, 5 to 10 p.m.
Where: Illinois Math & Science Academy, 1500 W. Sullivan Road
The celebration continues with a night of family fun, entertainment, live music and culminating with an impressive fireworks display, which is scheduled to start around 9:30 p.m.
Schedule - Lawn Events
- 5 to 10 p.m. – Local food vendors
- 5 to 9 p.m. – Free inflatable rides for children 12 and under
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. – Aurora Historical Society activities and games
Schedule - Stage (Entertainment Sponsor: HR Green)
- 5:15 to 5:30 p.m. – Opening ceremonies
- 5:30 to 6:15 p.m. – Bradley Keven Green Band (songs about Aurora)
- 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. – American Legion Post 84 Band (patriotic music)
- 7:45 to 8 p.m. – Captains of Industry (classic rock and roll)
9:30 p.m. - Fireworks Extravaganza
Tune in to 95.9 FM, “The River” for a musical simulcast during the fireworks show!
Free shuttles to fireworks
Free shuttle buses will run continuously from 6 - 9 p.m. and resume after the fireworks until all passengers are returned to parking lots, with the latest departure at approximately 10:45 p.m. Residents may bring lawn chairs and small handheld coolers. Large coolers, alcohol and smoking will be prohibited on buses.
Free Fireworks Park and Ride locations
- Home Depot, 1250 N. Orchard Road
- Party City/Office Depot, 2372 W. Indian Trail Road
- West Aurora Plaza, W. Galena Boulevard at Edgelawn Drive
- West Aurora High School, 1201 W. New York St.
- Cermak Fresh Markets, Lake Street at Indian Trail Road
- Provena Mercy Outpatient Lot, 1325 N. Highland Ave.
- Woodman’s Market, 151 Hansen Blvd.
Free fireworks parking
Parking near the site is limited. Residents are advised to arrive early or use the free shuttle bus service. Edgelawn Drive will be closed from Birch Street to Sullivan Road for the evening’s activities. Police will be directing traffic and may limit vehicle turns on Edgelawn Drive, Randall Road, Sullivan Road and Indian Trail Road.
Free Park and walk locations
- P1. Illinois Math & Science Academy, 1500 W. Sullivan Road
- P2. Aurora Central Catholic High School, 1255 N. Edgelawn Drive
- P3. Hyundai, 1705 Sequoia Drive
- P4. Life Storage, 1650 N. Randall Road
- P5. Kraft/Excel, 1700 N. Edgelawn Drive
- P6. Vaughan Athletic Center, 2121 W. Indian Trail Road
- P7. Rosary High School, 901 N. Edgelawn Drive
- P8. Randall Park - 1500 Block of Indian Trail Road (Handicap ONLY)
Handicapped parking will be reserved at Illinois Math and Science Academy (P1), Aurora Central Catholic High School (P2) and Randall Park (P8).
Location: Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, 1500 Sullivan Rd., Aurora, Illinois
NOTE: Minutes and Agendas are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You must have Acrobat Reader to view them. Right click the link and download to your computer.Tweet